Adjunct Instructors (Part-time)
To teach a variety of undergraduate courses at the Lake Campus:
Minimum Requirement for Faculty Teaching in Associate Degree Programs
Bachelor’s degree in the discipline or subfield being taught plus 3 years related work experience.
Minimum Requirement for Faculty Teaching in Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Master’s degree in the discipline or subfield being taught, or
Master’s degree in a discipline or subfield other than that being taught and at least 18 graduate credit hours in the discipline or subfield being taught.
Preferred Requirements for Faculty Teaching in any Undergraduate Programs
Doctoral degree in the discipline or subfield being taught.
Demonstrated excellence in college-level teaching.
**All adjuncts are required to provide official transcripts of all colleges attended/graduated from to us within 30 days of employment**
Additional preferred requirements may apply. See below.
Preferred Requirements for Course Instructors
Doctoral or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or closely related field plus five years related work experience, prior teaching in higher education, computer knowledge, and willingness to work evenings.
Preferred Requirements for Laboratory Instructors
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or closely related field plus five years related work experience.
Minimum Requirements for Laboratory Instructors
Associate’s degree or professional certification in mechanical engineering or closely related field.
Mechanical Design I and II, Thermofluids, Mechanics of Materials, Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Finite Element Analysis, Mechanical Vibrations, Six Sigma for Engineers, Industrial Controls, PLC, and Applications and/or laboratory, Statistical Methods for Test, Development, and Manufacturing, Computational Methods for Mechanical Engineers, Structures and Properties of Material Sciences, Materials Testing laboratory, Solid Modeling with SolidWorks.
Minimum Requirements for Course Instructors
Master’s degree in a field related to the teaching responsibilities.
Willingness to advance knowledge and business practices through their partnership and other activities in support of the college mission.
Current professional experience, substantial in terms of duration (defined as a minimum of five years work) and level of responsibility (defined as more than an entry level position with management or supervisory responsibility) in teaching field at the time of hire.
Accounting Principles, Introduction to Business Decision Making, Quantitative Business Modeling, Principles of Marketing, Financial Management
Position Title: Adjunct Instructor - Nursing Program Wright State University Lake Campus
Company: Wright State University Lake Campus
Beginning August, 2016. Candidates are hired on a semester as-needed basis.
- Health Promotion & Assessment of Adults (NUR 2100)
- Concepts of Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan (NUR 3100)
- Introduction to Clinical Nursing (NUR 2400)
- Health, Wellness, & Diversity with Families (NUR 3200)
Minimum requirements for faculty teaching in Bachelor’s Degree Program include the following:
- A Master’s Degree in Nursing Discipline or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a practicing RN
Must have an unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in State of Ohio. Previous teaching experience preferred. BCI & FBI background checks required of all applicants. BLS/CPR required. Immunizations must be current.
- Demonstrated excellence in college-level teaching.
- Ability to organize and manage a group of nursing students to meet the course objectives and maximize student learning outcomes.
- Knowledgeable in course management software and classroom instruction to meet the academic needs of students.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience providing direct patient care in a hospital, clinic, outpatient, community, or office setting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Teaching BSN program coursework as assigned. Course assignments could include day and/or evening hours. Course content delivery could include didactic, laboratory, and off-campus clinical instruction.
- Utilizing sound teaching strategies to enhance student understanding of difficult concepts.
- Working with teams to provide and improve course implementation.
- Serving as a clinical role model in all interactions with BSN students.
- Facilitating a positive, collaborative learning environment for students including valuing diversity, integrity, accountability, ethics and professional behaviors.
- Maintaining appropriate professional certifications and licenses as applicable.
- Understanding and committing to the Wright State University College of Nursing & Health’s mission and conceptual framework.
- Actively mentoring and supporting students throughout the BSN curricula as assigned.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Salary/Benefits: Salary based on education and experience.
Applied business technologies, agriculture, food science, graphic design, multimedia design
Topic Areas: Nutrient Management, Forage Crop Management, Pest Management, Soils, Agronomy, Crop Production, Agricultural Equipment, Precision Agriculture, Conservation & Water Quality, Agriculture Business, Niche Markets, Animal Science, Meat Production, Animal Health and Agricultural Industry topics.
Minimum Requirement: Bachelor's degree in multimedia/graphic design.
Preferred: Master's degree in graphic design, multimedia, fine arts or related area
Candidates should be proficient using current graphics and multimedia design tools (E.G., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Animate.)
- The Web/Multimedia Design instructor will provide instruction on high-end web and multimedia products including on-line learning modules; engaging interactive classroom teaching tools; and other unique instructional products, using a combination of Flash, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, HTML5, CSS, etc. and other Adobe products.
- The successful candidate should have graphic arts and web programming experience or a programmer with a strong arts background.
- The candidate should be well versed in the use of authoring development tools and information design, which includes content organization and interface design for online learning.
- The position works to develop products that incorporate sound, animation, web design, videography, photography, mobile device app develop while incorporating adult learning principles, implement techniques that engage the learner, and are globally accessible through various platforms. They may be tasked to provide graphic support or interactivity to other projects developed by team members.