M.E. students went to the Detroit Auto Show in January of 2016. Read a report about their trip (PDF)!
In the past three years, the Mechanical Engineering Program at Wright State University Lake Campus has been expanding rapidly. Recently, we had our first graduating class of mechanical engineers from our program. The number of students, mostly coming from regions surrounding the campus, has been doubling each of the past three years, reflecting the high demand of engineering major.
Following the mission of Wright State University Lake Campus to transform the lives of our students and the communities we serve, our program aims to:
- build a solid foundation for student success at all levels through high-quality, innovative programs;
- conduct scholarly research and creative endeavors that impact quality of life;
- engage in meaningful community service;
- drive the economic revitalization of our region and our state and empower all of our students, faculty, staff, and alumni to develop professionally, intellectually, and personally.
The program envisions affordable and high quality education for all traditional and non-traditional students, particularly in the western Ohio and eastern Indiana area, interested in the engineering and computer science disciplines. To achieve its academic goals and objectives, the program will focus on the following strategies:
- maintaining low student-to-teacher ratio,
- continue to provide modern educational equipment, computers, and manufacturing labs and
- serving rigorous engineering classes taught by highly qualified professors in their fields as well as experienced professionals from local and regional industries.
Additionally, the program wants to ensure the readiness of its students by exposing them to multiple hands-on engineering design projects, motivated by industrial applications or scientific research. Further, students will be provided opportunities to obtain internship and part-time work experience from local manufacturing companies, businesses, and to participate in international, global learning opportunities by means of study abroad programs. In the past three years, some of our engineering students have studied in Germany and Taiwan.
Some key program achievements are:
- Many students receive some form of scholarship from the Lake campus, local and regional industries, and various non-profit organizations
- Most students can obtain internship during summer terms and work part time in local industries
- Several courses are delivered in the late afternoon and evening to accommodate non-traditional students and students who work part time
- Engineering students studied in Jena, Germany during the summer 2013 to learn micro-robotics
- Engineering students studied in Taiwan during the summer 2012 and summer 2014
- The first group of the engineering graduates accepted full time employment before their graduation date
We would like you to consider pursuing a Bachelor's of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with us. We welcome all prospective students and parents to visit our campus in Celina, OH. To schedule a personalized tour of Lake Campus, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at (800) 237-1477. To visit the Mechanical Engineering Program, please contact Ms. Victoria Marks at (419) 586-0238.