The following are services that the Campus Police Officer is equipped to provide to students, faculty, and staff:
- Safety Escorts
- Vehicle Unlocks
- Vehicle Battery Jump-Starts
- Tire Inflations
Please do not hesitate to call Mercer County Dispatch ((419)-586-7724) or contact the Student Services Front Desk (Ext. 0 or (419) 586-0300) if you need assistance.
Essentials for Safety on Campus
- Program the number for Mercer County Dispatch (419) 586-7724 in your cell phone
- Know where emergency telephones are located on campus
- Cellular phone, land line, emergency telephone, emergency call box, pull station and AED! All are emergency tools and can be used if needed
- Know where your cell phone works so it will be an emergency tool for you
- Record serial, model numbers, and descriptions of personal property
- Lock It When You Leave It! (Apartments and Vehicles)
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle
- Travel in pairs & use the best lit and most traveled paths
- Use a safety escort when possible
- No alcohol
- No guns on campus (Including airsoft and paintball guns)
- Active Shooter Incidents: Get out, hide out, spread out, and take out the shooter if there are no other options. Call out to notify law enforcement as soon as possible.
- Report suspicious activity on campus at (419) 586-7724
- If you feel that it is suspicious then it is suspicious
Crime Prevention Programs
- Sexual Assault Awareness
- Active Shooter Response
- Women’s Self Defense Programs
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness
- Theft Prevention
- and any others upon request.
Campus Police is available to provide crime prevention and suppression programming at student organization meetings, in the residence halls, and to off campus residents at anytime.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Officer Pottkotter.
Officer Tyler Pottkotter
170D Dwyer Hall
7600 Lake Campus Drive
Celina, OH 45822
Dispatch: (419) 586-7724
Office Phone: (419) 586-0249
FAX: (419) 586-0358
WSU Police Records: (937) 775-4167