CM works with the Administration and the Dayton Campus to strategically choose what merits a full press release, a media advisory, photo submission, or a public service announcement. For ideal scheduling, please contact us three to four weeks in advance.
Information you need to supply for a release:
- Who, What, Where, When, and a short description of the event.
- Bios and photos of those involved, if possible, or be prepared to schedule a photo.
- Supplemental Artwork (logos) whenever possible (preferably high resolution - 300 dpi min. - digital files, but CM can scan hard copies).
- Quote about event, theme, concept, etc. This is important as it means the press has to do less work to print your information. What makes your news unique or special?
- Supplying the above does not guarantee press.
- CM will format per Associated Press, so a simple outline will suffice.
- The Lake Campus is competing for newsprint – it is imperative that details are clear from the outset.
- If CM is missing something from you, and you do not respond, YOUR NEWS WILL BE DELAYED.
** Releases for scheduled events take precedence over items that are not date-sensitive.**