The University maintains a control system for University keys and locks. The purpose of the system is to provide maximum security in the buildings and for secured areas within the University.
Only personnel in the department of Physical Plant have the authority to install locks or locking devices on University facilities.
Only personnel in the department of Physical Plant have the authority to cut and issue keys for University facilities. Duplication of keys is strictly prohibited.
For more information, please see University Policy 7130 Keys and Locks
Request a Key
The requesting department must prepare a Key Request Form (picked up from the Dean’s office) and have it approved by the supervisor and dean. Below is what follows:
- All Lake Campus key requests must be presented to the Buildings and Grounds Manager, 145 Dwyer Hall.
- If the key request document is properly authorized, the Buildings and Grounds Manager will have the key(s) produced. The Buildings and Grounds Manager will call you when your key is ready for pick-up, usually within three working days of the request.
- If a key deposit is required, the Buildings and Grounds Manager prepares a key deposit form indicating the deposit amount based on the number of keys required.
- The requestor must present the key deposit form to Lake Campus Enrollment Services, 170B Dwyer Hall, and pay the specified deposit.
- The Enrollment Services Advisor stamps the form and attaches a receipt to the form.
- The requester returns to the Buildings and Grounds Manager with personal identification to obtain the keys.
- The Buildings and Grounds Manager retains the key deposit form and the receipt for deposit refund.
If a deposit is not required, the key holder must present identification in person to the Buildings and Grounds Manager in order to obtain the key(s).