On this page:
The Spanish Credential Program targets languages classes in Spanish and Latin American Literature and Culture, Film, Business, Written and Oral Expression, and Phonetics. This certificate is suitable for graduate students wishing to meet requirements to teach Spanish or College Credit Plus courses in the State of Ohio.
The courses are designed to provide rich cultural and literary content in the target language.
High school teachers who wish to pursue the teaching credential/certificate must submit to the Graduate School the following:
- Please apply through Wright State's Graduate School. The options for applying to the CCP certificate and credential programs are in the online application.
- An official transcript showing the award of a bachelor’s degree in Spanish language or Hispanic Studies from an accredited university
- An official transcript showing the award of a Master’s degree in any field, unless from Wright State
- Statement of goals
Applicants must pass a department-administered Oral Proficiency Interview with a minimal Intermediate High rating.
Send application materials to:
344 Student Union
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy
Dayton, OH 45435-0001
Given the student’s required background in Spanish language or Hispanic studies, it is impossible to require certain classes without risking repetition. Therefore, the degree will comprise 18 credit hours from the approved list of graduate courses in Spanish.
Approved list of graduate Spanish courses:
- SPN 5110 (3 credits)
- SPN 5120 (3 credits)
- SPN 5210 (3 credits)
- SPN 5220 (3 credits)
- SPN 5250 (3 credits)
- SPN 5260 (3 credits)
- SPN 5310 (3 credits)
- SPN 5320 (3 credits)
- SPN 5810 (1 credit)
- SPN 5900 (1 credit, repeatable to 6)
- SPN 5990 (1-3 credits, repeatable to 3; topics vary)
- SPN 6030 (3 credits)
- SPN 6310 (3 credits)
- SPN 6320 (3 credits)
- SPN 6710 (3 credits)
- SPN 6830 (3 credits)
Total 18 Credit Hours