When weather conditions develop or are forecasted that could alter the normal operations of the Lake Campus, the following guidelines will be used:
- In the event of severe weather (e.g., tornado, ice storm, blizzard), the dean or designee will have the final authority to make the decision to cancel classes or close the campus.
- Decisions will be based on the most current weather information available at the time gathered from a variety of sources including the Ohio State Highway Patrol, county sheriff's offices, weather reports, local forecasts, and Campus Physical Plant.
- If the National Weather Service (NWS) issues a “Warning” or a “Watch” (typically a “RED” level alert), or if the local sheriff offices issue a snow emergency, careful consideration will be given to the operating schedule. Weather Advisories from NWS (typically an “ORANGE” level alert) and Caution Notices are not automatic cause for delay or closure.
- Off-campus course offerings will not be held if: 1) Classes are cancelled at the Lake Campus, or 2) the off-campus sites close due to inclement weather and cannot reopen for evening courses. The Grand Lake Law Enforcment Academy operates independently of weather decisions at Lake Campus.
- Canceled means that conditions are such that all classes are canceled. Staff who are designated Emergency Responders, Unit Managers and Essential Employees should remain on campus until all students and non-essential staff have left the facility.
- Closed means that the building is not open and that only Emergency Responders should report, primarily buildings and grounds staff. This allows the buildings and grounds to conduct the needed clearing of snow with out interference of vehicles blocking areas of snow removal.
When inclement weather threatens and forces delays, cancellations, or closures, notification will be made via Wright State Alert. If you have opted to receive these messages, which you can do in WINGS Express via WINGS, you may choose to receive alerts via email, voice messages, text messages, Facebook and/or Twitter.
Also, as soon as any decision is made related to cancellations or closings at the campus, a message will be placed on the Lake Campus home page, as well as the central campus phone: 1-800-237-1477 or (419) 586-0300. Notification will also be made to area radio and television stations listed below.
For procedures for all weather and non-weather situations, visit the WSU Emergency Management site.
|WCSM||Celina||96.7 FM, 1350 AM|
|WHIO TV-7||Dayton||Channel 7 (includes 95.7 FM, 95.3 FM, 1290 AM, 99.1 FM)|
|WDTN TV-2||Dayton||Channel 2|
|WERT/WKSD||Van Wert||99.7 FM, 1220 AM|