Whether a student is just beginning their journey to a business degree or a working professional is looking to advance, the Lake Campus offers plenty of options! Associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs in business are available right here at the Lake Campus!
On this page:
In conjunction with Wright State’s Raj Soin College of Business, students will be able to complete the four-year, Bachelor of Science in Business degree, with a General Business major. This AACSB International curriculum delivers a sound foundation for success in business. Please contact Academic Advisor Stefanie Kohne at 419-586-0300 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Minor in Business
An Associate of Science in Business is also available. The student who earns this degree may have an interest in many different jobs or in continuing on to a bachelor’s degree. Jobs in the banking industry, computers, retail and manufacturing environments, finance, insurance, and real estate are among many possibilities.
MBA Open House
An MBA from the Wright State University Raj Soin College of Business, is an investment in your future that adds value to your career. Today's business environment is exploding with change, from the expansion of global markets to new opportunities in emerging technology, to managing innovation and leading teams. The Lake Campus MBA in the 21st Century helps you to excel in this changing environment, with cutting-edge courses that prepare you to anticipate and manage for the future.
Ideal for working professionals, the MBA program allows you to complete your MBA with convenient weekend classes at the Lake Campus in Celina, Ohio.
The college also provides selected full-time students with graduate assistantships.
NEW Admission Requirements (Effective Spring 2016)
Effective spring semester 2016, the Raj Soin College of Business will no longer automatically require applicants to complete the GMAT entrance exam for admission. See below for the new, complete Admissions Requirements!
- A completed bachelor's degree
- Applicants with an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher receive full admission without the GMAT exam.
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 2.7- 2.99 are also admitted without the GMAT, but receive conditional admission status.
- Executives with 6 or more years of managerial work experience can petition to substitute work experience for the GMAT exam.
- Apply online to the Graduate School (checks can be made out to Wright State University) and send a hard copy of the application to the Lake Campus Graduate Assistant (a $40 application fee is required)
- Submit all undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from all universities you have attended. Mail directly to:
Wright State University Lake Campus
ATTN: Julie Miller
7600 Lake Campus Dr.
Celina, OH 45822
An evaluation of your transcripts will be done by the Lake Campus Graduate Assistant. You will be informed of the results of this evaluation by the Graduate Assistant.
Schedule of Course Offerings for Current Cohort
|Summer 2016 Dates||5/9/16-7/28/16|
|Online A (5 week)||5/9-6/12/16|
|Online B (5 week)||6/20-7/24/16|
Fall 2016 Cohort Information
Professor: Wakiuru Wamwara, Ph.D.
Author:J. Paul Peter, Jr, James Donnelly James
Publication Date: 10/19/2012
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
Class days that you will be meeting on Lake Campus-Celina: (Fridays)
9/16, 9/23, 10/7, 10/21, 11/4, 11/18, 12/2. Make up date is 12/9.
NOTE: I know the 9/16 and 9/23 are back to back weekend but I am sorry for the inconvenience. The professor is out of town at a conference on 9/9 so had to move it to 9/16.
Prof: Dr. Carol Wang
• Financial Management: Theory and Practice, 13th edition By Eugene F. Brigham and Michael Ehrhardt, Book Companion Website: http://www.cengage.com/search/totalsearchresults.do?keyword_all=97814390... ISBN-10: 1439078092 ISBN-13: 9781439078099
• Casebook – “MBA730 Financial Analysis and Decision Making” is available for purchase at https://create.mheducation.com/shop/#/catalog/details/?isbn=9780390218216 . Just follow the directions for downloading a PDF copy or for online viewing. If you have problems during the process, please call 1-800-962-9342. ISBN: 9780390218216
Class days that you will be meeting on Lake Campus-Celina: (Saturday)
9/10, 9/24, 10/8, 10/22, 11/5, 11/19, 12/3
Spring Semester 2017
- Analysis of the Global Economy
- CRN: 22489
- Professor: Joe Cavanaugh
Lake Campus Weekend class meets on the following dates: 1/20, 2/3, 2/17, 3/10, 3/24, 4/7, and 4/21. Make up date is 4/28.
- Strategic Cost Management
- CRN: 22404
- Professor: Han Sprohge
Lake Campus Weekend class meets on the following dates: 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/11, 3/25, 4/8, and 4/22. Make up date is 4/29.
MBA 7800-90 or 91:
- Supply Chain Management
- Online (7weeks)= Class runs 3/6/17 - 4/23/17.
- CRN: MBA 7800-90 (19457) or MBA 7800-91 (21264)
- Professor: Larry B. Weinstein
Classes will be posted on line on October 17th
Registration will begin on November 3rd
Can you provide me information about the foundation courses?
MBA Foundation courses are now available online. Completion of the GMAT is encouraged but not required before registering for these classes. Once the university accepts your application you may register for the following classes. Please speak with your advisor prior to registration.
Summer 'A' (May 6 - June 9)
- MBA 5300 (CRN# 41576) - Survey of Finance
- MBA 5800 (CRN# 41578) - Applied Statistics in Business
- MBA 5400 (CRN# 41577) - Survey of Business Law
Summer 'B' (June 17 - July 21)
- MBA 5100 (CRN# 41574) - Survey of Financial and Managerial Accounting
- MBA 5200 (CRN# 41575) - Survey of Economics for MBAs
What is the current cost for classes?
For the most current fee information, contact the Lake Campus registrar at 1-800-237-1477 or (419) 586-0324.
What are the benefits of a cohort model?
Cohorts allow for close interaction between students and faculty and:
- Provide networking opportunities between students and business professionals
- Allow for insight from other student's work and life experiences
- Provide a link between business and technology
- Develop business relationships with fellow classmates
Am I required to take all of the prerequisite classes if I have a business background?
Prerequisites may be waived if your previous coursework meets the requirements determined by Graduate Admissions.
Will I have to travel to the Dayton campus to take any of the required classes?
All degree requirements for the Management, Innovation and Change are offered at the Lake Campus. If you choose a different concentration it will be required for you to take classes at the Dayton Campus.
Can I still work and attend classes?
Classes meet every other weekend on Friday evenings (4-9:30 p.m.) and Saturday mornings (8 a.m.-1:30 p.m.) allowing for flexibility with most working schedules.
What if my bachelor’s degree is not in Business & Administration?
Prerequisites are built into the program, preparing non-business majors for more advanced graduate coursework.
Why should I seek an MBA?
Our MBA program teaches the skills that may provide you the competitive edge when businesses are considering the following:
- Salary increase
Is the MBA Program accredited?
Yes, Wright State University was one of the first AACSB International accredited MBA programs in the Dayton area. This Association of Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business is premier accrediting agency for bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting.
What are the admissions requirements?
Please see the Admission section above.
Julie Miller, MBA Program Coordinator