At the Student Success Center, we’re here to help you reach your fullest potential as a student. Whether you’re looking for a study buddy, need to learn how to navigate WINGS and Pilot, want feedback on a writing assignment, or just want to find out how to meet your maximum potential in your classes, make an appointment today to get started.
We offer the following FREE services to all Wright State University Lake Campus students:
- General Tutoring
- Math Tutoring
- Writing Consulting
- One-on-One Technology Workshops
- Group Workshops
- Peer Advocates
Looking for helping in University Libraries or Multimedia presentations? Visit our Campus Librarian, Jamon Flowers!
You can schedule an appointment with him, a tutor, consultant, or an advocate at the link below:
The mission of the Student Success Center is to empower students academically, professionally, and personally by collaborating across campus and throughout the community to build effective support for all Lake Campus students.
What We Offer:
- A friendly, inviting space to study, learn, and collaborate
- Professional and student tutoring
- Peer advocates
- Referrals to community and institutional resources
- In-class workshops on topics like peer review, editing, and documentation styles (MLA, APA, Chicago), and others by request
- Collaboration to make integrated writing more effective
- Faculty Teaching and Learning groups to promote teaching excellence
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning project support
- To provide academic support so that students can meet the demands of college-level coursework
- To help students develop self-awareness, self-direction, and self-confidence
- To empower students to become independent and meet their full academic, professional, and personal potential
Writing can be tough and frustrating, but with proper resources you can get back on the road to writing success. From formatting to self-editing, we are here for you to help you successful. Meet with one of our writing consultants to get valuable feedback on your writing assignments for any class. We work with you at any point during the writing process, whether you’re still trying to decide on a topic, need to find reliable research, need to brush up on your documentation skills, or if you have a completed draft and need to revise and edit.
Below are FREE handouts that will help you on your writing assignments.
Do you need support in Hawkes? Come to the Math Center to receive help from a math tutor!
You can also meet with a tutor for help with your latest math homework, or with a professional tutor for more intensive math help.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday: 9AM-4PM
- Tuesday: 9AM-7PM
- Wednesday: 9AM-4PM
- Thursday: 9AM-7PM
- Friday: Come to the SSC to see an Hawkes Tutor (Opened 9AM-12NOON)
Not sure about deadlines and due dates?
Questions? E-mail our Math Center Coordinator!
Math Center Coordinator
Math can be tough and frustrating, but with proper resources you can get back on the road to math success. From guilding you through that quadratric equation to using variables, we are here for you to help you successful. Meet with one of our math tutors to help you through your Hawkes work. We can work with you for any area in Mathematics with Hawkes. In fact, we have student and professional tutors who are well experiences in Mathematics.
Below are FREE handouts that will help you while you while you work on your Hawkes or need help with math problems in your other courses:
[ Come back soon for FREE HANDOUTS! ]