Make Your Nomination
To recognize an individual staff member who consistently and enthusiastically demonstrates quality service to the university and/or the community which is “above and beyond” her/his job description.
Definition of Service
The recipient of the WSU—Lake Campus Spirit of Service Staff Award is selected on the basis of his/her commitment to and performance in four areas: Spirit of Collaboration, Spirit of Commitment, Spirit of Innovation, and Spirit of Integrity.
Any classified, unclassified, and contract staff employee of WSU—Lake Campus is eligible. Employees may be full or part-time.
Nominees should consistently demonstrate and exemplify the following characteristics:
Spirit of Collaboration
- Demonstrates a willingness to work “above and beyond” the job description in order to assist others in the successful resolution of issues and problems
- Demonstrates an enthusiasm for working with a diverse group of persons by recognizing the human potential and uniqueness of each person
- Works well with others to reach a common goal or to complete a project or participates in campus events as a leader or follower
- Demonstrates collaboration skills in personal and professional interactions with other staff, faculty, students and campus visitors
Spirit of Commitment
- Top priority given to providing respectful service to potential, current, and former students
- Committed to the success of others
- Committed to building positive relationships with others
- Committed to personal and professional acts that aid the university in fulfilling its mission, goals, and initiatives; first and foremost to be student-centered
- Committed to improving one’s professional skills and abilities by recognizing that as part of a university we exemplify to others what it means to be “life-long learners.”
Spirit of Innovation
- Demonstrates support and a commitment to the university and its mission including diversity by exhibiting a Can-Do spirit to everyone both on and off the Lake Campus
- Offers critical and creative thinking which may lead to a different but a better way in providing customer service to our students
- Helps to inspire creative thoughts and ideas in others which may lead to the increase in overall university performance and its image within the community
Spirit of Integrity
- Demonstrates the ability to be a Go-To person who is trustworthy, dependable, knowledgeable of his/her job, and extends professional confidentiality where appropriate.
- Committed to and demonstrates the highest form of professional behavior to others…respect.
- Professional communication behavior which is appropriate to the setting and audience