The Lake Campus hosts one annual commencement ceremony exclusively for Lake Campus students. Eligible students who will receive Lake Campus degrees, and have applied for graduation, may choose to participate in the Lake Campus Commencement. The ceremony includes an address from the Dean, a keynote speaker, and the conferral of degrees.
Save the Date! Thursday, May 2, 2019
- Time: To be announced
- Location: Romer's Celina Ballroom, 1100 S. Main Street (US 127), Celina, OH 45822
- Check back in late February 2019 for specific information!
(Please note: The Lake Campus Commencement Ceremony is not traditionally a ticketed event. However, an RSVP is required for each student intending to participate; if the RSVP count reaches room capacity, the Lake Campus Administration reserves the right to adopt a ticketing process so that all graduates are permitted an equal number of guests. For past ceremonies, we have been able to accommodate 6-8 guests per student. However, the number of guests will not be finalized until all RSVP’s have been received. Students will be notified of the final guest count in early March.)
Planning to celebrate with us? Follow these easy steps so that we can plan for your attendance!
- Apply to graduate! See below.
- Send in Your RSVP: Eligible graduates will receive an invitation to participate in the Lake Campus Commencement ceremony in late February 2019.
- Order Your Attire: Candidates for graduation are required to wear the appropriate academic attire (cap, gown, and hood, if applicable) to participate in the ceremony. Items can be rented or purchased through the Lake Campus Bookstore. More information will be available in late February.
- Detailed information, including the invitation, RSVP instructions, and attire requirements, will be sent in late February.
Applying for Graduation
In order to officially graduate from the university you must apply to graduate. Celebrating your graduation by participating in the Commencement Ceremony is strongly encouraged (Be proud of your accomplishments!), but not mandatory.
Students must both apply to graduate and separately RSVP to participate in the Commencement Ceremony. Responsibility for registering in appropriate classes, scheduling, and fulfilling all university and program requirements for graduation rests with the student.
The application to graduate from Wright State University is completed online. To submit your online graduation application and payment, follow these steps:
- Go into WINGS Express
- Select the Student and Financial Aid tab
- Once there, select the Registration & Records menu link
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and select the "Apply for Graduation" link
|Undergraduate and Graduate Deadline to Apply for Graduation||Friday, January 25, 2019|
|Lake Campus Graduation / Commencement||Thursday, May 2, 2019|
|Diplomas Mailed||Wednesday, July 3, 2019|
Per Wright State Policy, students who complete degree requirements and apply to graduate Summer or Fall Semester 2018, or Spring Semester 2019, will be eligible to participate in the Spring 2019 Lake Campus ceremony. Summer Semester 2019 graduation applicants will be eligible to participate in the Spring 2020 Lake Campus ceremony.
Duplicate diplomas can be ordered. There is a $35 fee. Request a duplicate diploma.