CELINA, OH – Wright State University – Lake Campus faculty, staff and students participated in WSU-Lake Campus Annual Giving Tuesday Food Drive. This event is in its fifth year and 2018 was the most successful Food Drive. On November 1, donations began to be collected throughout the Lake Campus family. On Nov. 27, Giving Tuesday, the final calculation was tallied.
Co-Chairs of this yearly event were Marjorie Hess, Sr. Lecturer in Mathematics and Mary Wenning, Lake Campus Bookstore Manager, who did an absolutely outstanding job and worked all month on this event. This year the Diversity Committee initiated a friendly competition at the campus pitting four academic units against each other for the most items donated in their designated barrels. The four units participating were: Education, Engineering, Nursing, & Psychology.
The item totals of the Giving Tuesday event:
- 1st place: Engineering Unit collected 1,195 food items.
- 2nd place: Psychology Unit collected 1,066 food items.
- 3rd place: Nursing Unit collected 653 food items.
- 4th place: Education Unit collected 316 food items.
The poundage totals of Giving Tuesday and their designated Food Pantry
- C.A.L.L. Food Pantry (Celina) received 1,015 lbs. of non-perishable food items.
- Mercy Unlimited Pantry (Wapak) received 1,027.8 lbs. of non-perishable food items.
- Agape Ministries Food Pantry (St. Marys) received 1,027 lbs. of non-perishable food items.
- Holy Trinity Food Pantry (Coldwater) received 1,025.3 lbs. of non-perishable food items.
- Total donated pounds: 4,095.1 lbs.
Mary Wenning, Barnes & Nobel Bookstore at the Lake Campus, graciously donated a $75.00 prize. The winning unit can purchase food for a club meeting, gift card, or club-sponsored giveaways.
For more information about this Food Drive please contact Marjorie Hess at Marjorie.email@example.com.
PHOTO IDENTIFICATION: Over 4,000 pounds in donations were collected through a friendly competition amongst departments at Wright State University – Lake Campus for Giving Tuesday. Shown with the collected items are front row: Michelle Smith, Lake Campus Lecturer, Psychology & Sociology. Back row, from left: Mary Wenning, Lake Campus Bookstore Manager; Dave Hocstein, Associate Professor, Psychology; Greg Luchnenko, Administrative Assistant, Engineering and Marjorie Hess, Senior Lecturer, Mathematics.