How to register for classes...
**For an appointment with an Academic Advisor, please call 419-586-0300.**
- For Summer of 2018, new, direct from high school students and new College Credit Plus students are required to meet with their Academic Advisor before registering. Classes begin May 7, 2018.
- Transfer, adult and returning students should also meet with an academic advisor about summer and fall registration.
- For Fall of 2018, new, direct from high school students and new College Credit Plus students are required to attend an Orientation, where you will have the opportunity to register for classes. For information on registering for a session, visit the Orientation page here.
- Current students can verify their registration date for each Semester by clicking on the "Student and Financial Aid" tab in WINGS Express. Next, click "Registration & Records" and choose the Registration Status menu. When your registration date arrives, go to WINGS Express at https://wingsexpress.wright.edu/ to register for classes.
For assistance with registration, or if you have an ALT-PIN, you can make an appointment to see an Academic Advisor.
Students may add or drop a class online through WINGS Express during certain periods of the term. If a class is not officially dropped, a grade will be recorded for the class and the student is charged for the class. A student cannot add a class simply by attending it, nor can a student drop a class by not attending. Students must use the Registration Activity Form after certain dates to add or drop classes. Please check the academic calendar for official add and drop dates and refund periods.
Classes can be dropped and/or added in-person at the Enrollment Services windows as long as the dates coincide with the academic calendar.
Wright State University's Dynamic Schedule allows students and non-students to search the current course offerings. Once you access the schedule, you will need to select the following items to perform a successful search:
In addition to the above areas, you can also limit your search to only pull specific class information including:
- Web Only Classes
- Course Level
- Time of Day
Current students will want to make sure that they are logged into their WINGS Express account so that they can add or drop courses if necessary.
An Alternative PIN prohibits a student from registering for classes prior to meeting with an academic advisor. Students can check if they have an ALT-PIN on their account, which can only be removed by advisors or permitted faculty.
To check your ALT-PIN status:
1. Click on the WINGS Express icon
2. Click on Student & Financial Aid
3. Click on Registration & Records
4. Click on Add/Drop Classes
5. Select the Registration Term
If you have an ALT-PIN, the window will indicate you need to talk with an advisor.
If not, you will be directed to the add/drop screen or read that you may not be eligible to register yet, depending on your registration date.
There are several ways to qualify for Ohio Residency in order to receive in-state tuition at Wright State University. One of these is the Indiana Tuition Reciprocity Agreement. This agreement is in effect June 30, 2015 - June 30, 2017, and may be renewed. Residents of 21 Indiana counties may be eligible for in-state tuition. To request in-state tuition, please fill out the Request for In-state Tuition Status for Indiana Residents Form. To learn of the other ways to qualify for in-state tuition please visit the Classes & Grades-Policies webpage. If you have additional questions or need more information please contact Enrollment Services.
If you are a student at another college/university, but want to take summer courses at Lake Campus, we recommend becoming a non-degree student!
Those wanting to take classes at Wright State University, though not wanting to earn a degree, have the opportunity to study as a non-degree student. Non-degree students are eligible to take any open course at Wright State University as long as they meet the pre-requisites for that class. Some non-degree students may be required to provide an unofficial transcript with the application to ensure that you have met the pre-requisites for a particular course. Those interested in pursuing this option should fill out an application. You can view the course schedule here.
After completing the application, please mail your materials, including a copy of your photo ID to:
Lake Campus Enrollment Services
7600 Lake Campus Drive
Celina, OH 45822
Non-degree students can also apply in-person at the Lake Campus Enrollment Services windows. Please be sure to bring a photo ID, as we cannot process your application without one.
It is important to note that non-degree students are ineligible to use financial aid to cover the cost of their courses. Non-degree students must be able to cover the cost of their courses out-of-pocket. However, Wright State University does offer payment plan options that can help alleviate the stress of a one-time out-of-pocket payment.
Questions about the non-degree process should directed to email@example.com or (419) 586-0232.
Looking for graduate school information? Click here.
Additional information on these and other Registrar services and policies can be obtained on Raider Connect’s Classes & Grades webpage.