Why is campus involvement important?
- Serves as a great resume-builder!
- Offers networking opportunities with professionals in your field of study!
- Helps improve existing skills and serves as a tool for learning new skills!
- Creates opportunities for service and fun!
Students involved on campus…
... are more likely to graduate on time,
... tend to receive higher grades, and
... generally feel more satisfied with their college experience.
The Lake Campus offers free student programming throughout the year! Check your Wright State email and follow Lake Campus social media channels for regular updates!
The student body plays an active role in organizing activities and participating in campus organizations. Any Lake Campus student is eligible to take an active part in these campus activities. Availability of student organizations may vary based on student interest. The following organizations and activities are among those supported by the student body. Additional details can be found in Engage.
- Athletic Programs include men's basketball, women's volleyball, men’s baseball, and women's softball. Participation in intercollegiate athletics is based on student interest and may vary. Learn more about Athletic programs and view team schedules.
- Business & Graphics Professionals assist in the professional development and campus/community networking for students interested in the field of business and/or graphic design.
- Collegiate Young Farmers promote agriculture and education in Western Ohio communities.
- Do Wright: a student-led organization focused on community service, leadership development, and friendship through the campus
- Engineering Club gives students the opportunity to participate in additional research, competitions, professional development, peer mentoring, tours, fellowship, and activities in the field of Engineering.
- Glee Club: a student organization focused on performing vocally with additional interest and exploration in music, art, and theater.
- Lake Rainbow Alliance provides education, awareness, and support to the LGBTQA community and their allies.
- Natural Sciences Student Association is dedicated to promoting professional, individual, and scholastic growth among undergraduates in the biological and earth sciences.
- Nursing Organization: focuses on volunteering in the community, mentoring and aiming to lead nursing students to success and involvement in the campus and community.
- Social Sciences Club: in-depth exploration of various topics and related activities in psychology, sociology, history, criminal justice, and more.
- Wright with Christ is a student organization focused on Bible study and discussion; bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Lake Campus and community through outreach.
Additional campus involvement opportunities include student employment positions, co-ops/internships, faculty research projects, Lake Campus Alumni Association, FREE Laker Life campus events/activities/workshops, community networking events, volunteer opportunities, and more!
For more information, contact:
Coordinator, Events & Engagement
114 Dwyer Hall
Phone: (419) 586-0244 (ext. 8444)
Fax: (419) 586-0307