Filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
We know that college is a big investment which is why the Lake Campus works hard to keep a college education affordable for all students. To apply for loans, grants, and work study, you will need to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Wright State’s Title IV Code is 003078
- Wright State’s priority deadline is January 8, 2019* (prior to the start of the academic year)
It is important to apply early for funding through the FAFSA as the funds are distributed on a "first come, first served" basis. The easiest way to file the FAFSA is to do so online at www.FAFSA.gov. The first F in FAFSA stands for FREE, which means you should never pay a site or servicer to file the FAFSA for you.
Our friendly Enrollment Services Advisors would be happy to counsel you on filing the FAFSA and will even walk you through the entire application as long as you bring the required documents with you to the appointment. To complete the FAFSA you will need to have:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically. (If you do not already have one, visit https://fsaid.ed.gov/to obtain one.)
- If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
We know that financial aid can often be a confusing process for most families. Our Enrollment Services Advisors are here to assist you with all of your questions and concerns. Please contact us by phone at (419)586-0232 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your personal situation or to set-up a time to file the FAFSA on-campus with our staff.
Important Financial Aid Links
- Accept Your Award Notice
- Verification Process
- Receiving Your Aid
- WINGS Express Guide to Financial Aid