The Western Ohio Educational Foundation (WOEF) has been committed to the success of the Wright State University–Lake Campus and its students for over 50 years and demonstrates this commitment through scholarship offerings totaling over $200,000 annually. WOEF scholarships are available for undergraduate students coming from high school, and new, current, returning, and transfer students who plan to attend the Wright State University–Lake Campus and enroll for the minimum required credit hours.
The Wright State University Foundation donor-based scholarships and the WOEF have the same online application. By completing this online application, you are applying for both scholarship programs. One of the 500 donor-based scholarships supported through the Wright State University Foundation is the Alumni Network Scholarship. This scholarship is awarded exclusively to students at the Lake Campus and ranges in value from $500 to $1,000. The Lake Campus Alumni Network scholarship is made possible by charitable contributions from Lake Campus alumni and civic leaders who understand the importance of higher education and believe in the first-rate education the Lake Campus provides to all students.
How to Apply
The Western Ohio Educational Foundation and Wright State University Foundation donor-based scholarships have the same online application. By completing this online application, you are applying for both scholarship programs. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
2021 High School Graduates
- The scholarship application will be available to you as soon as you are admitted.
- Log into your Admissions Portal.
- In the Next Steps section, select Access your Student Portal to set up your computer account first. If you have not already done so, you will need to set up your computer accounts using the on-screen instructions.
- Select the Student and Financial Aid link.
- Select the Financial Aid and Scholarships link.
- Select the Online Scholarship Application link.
You must be admitted to the university to have access to the scholarship application.
Once you have submitted your application you will NOT be able to access it to make changes. However, you will be able to monitor the return of your Recommendation Form and make changes to your reference after the application has been submitted. Reference information can only be updated if one is listed at the time the application is submitted. Once in your application, click on the “blue button” titled Recommendations.
- You must apply for admission and be admitted to Wright State University to access the scholarship application. New students will access the application via the Admissions Portal. If you have forgotten or don’t know the password that is used with your Campus Username (w000abc), please contact the CaTS Help Desk at 937-775-4827, or toll-free at 1-888-775-4827.
- Make a list of all of your extra-curricular activities, volunteer experience, community service, memberships, awards, honors, etc. etc.
- An essay is needed for all scholarships. Your essay will set you apart from the other applicants. Take your time, edit, review, and edit again! Write your essay in Word, then copy and paste it into the application. The essay should: explain your educational goals, professional goals, career aspirations, commitment to community service, and also tell us how a scholarship award will make a difference in your personal and financial circumstances.
- There is an additional essay you must complete to be considered for an honors scholarship. The topic is "Why do you want to be a part of the University Honors Program and what do you hope to get out of it?".
- Recommendation Forms (letters of recommendation) are not required for ALL scholarships, but suggested to help set you apart from other applicants. Recommendations are REQUIRED for students who want to be considered for an honors scholarship. Select a previous or current teacher or counselor who can provide information about your unique qualities and/or exceptional academic abilities. Contact your intended reference prior to listing him/her. Be sure to collect their email address since they will receive a request by email to complete your online recommendation form from firstname.lastname@example.org not from a Wright State University email address. Forms are due by 11:59 p.m. February 8, 2021, Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Complete your 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning October 1, 2020. Your completed FAFSA should be filed by February 1st to be considered for need-based scholarships.
- Log into WINGS Express.
- Select the Student & Financial Aid tab.
- Select Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Select Online Scholarship Application.